Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Motivation for a Healthy Life

While on a visit to Sophie's Pediatrician I was informed of something great. Sophie can now eat whatever we eat. If it is too big or is something she can't gum then we just put it in the blender. This for me has become a new form of motivation to live a healthy life. If my daughter is eating what I am eating I better make sure that what I am putting into my body is natural and healthy.
Interestingly enough, Sophie's favorite food is surprisingly Mexican food. She loves rice and black bean and especially refiried beans. this has encouraged us to make more rice bowls, healthy casseroles and burritos, all of which we are incorporating more and more veggies into our recipes. I am not saying you need to plan your meals around you baby but take their health into consideration. If you wouldn't put it into their body why would you put it into yours? The mentality of breast feeding mothers have of putting good things into their bodies so baby gets good things shouldn't end just because they no longer breast feed or never could (This was the situation in my case, I was unable to breast feed beyond 2 1/2 months). Our children learn from us so lets teach them that their body is something to be cherished, because in this life we only get one. We should take care of our bodies and only put things in it that build it up. We need to cherish these bodies that carry our children in the womb and in our arms.
That being said, I am no saint nor am I perfect in denying my daughter of treats.

This cookie was a welcome home gift from Sophie's grandpa. And NO, she DID NOT eat that whole cookie.

This is how my daughter eats usually: baby formula with iron, and lots of organic fruits and veggies.

We all want what is best for our children and want them to live great healthy lives. To me this can include treats from grandparents and cakes on their birthdays, Teach your children a healthy lifestyle but also teach them to live and make good choices on their own. If you deny them treats they will never learn to make the healthy choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment