Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Supplements Instead of Ibuprofen

If any of you have taken the time to read baby Grey's birth story you know that he was posterior and I ended up pushing for 3 hours. (If you would like to read it, click here. ) Because of him being in the birth canal for so long it really did some damage to my body. It has been 9 weeks today since I had my little boy and I am still on my road to recovering. In the past 2 weeks I have finally seen leaps and bounds of improvement, which has been extremely encouraging, but before that I was still in immense pain.
I was very uncomfortable 90% of the time. Sitting hurt because I had fractured my tail bone. Standing, was a joke because of all my scar tissue...I could only stand for about 15 minutes before I had to sit down because of the pain I was in.
I DO NOT tell you this for pity or for anyone to feel bad for me. I still to this day would not change anything about my labor and delivery and am thankful I was able to deliver my son naturally. With that said, why I am telling you this is because I was taking a TON of ibuprofen.
When I was sent home from the hospital I was given a prescription for 800 mg Ibuprofen. I would count down the hours until I could take my next dose because of the pain I was feeling. After my prescription ran up about a week after the delivery I still would take up to 4 pills (800 mg) of Ibuprofen. It wasn't until about 3 weeks after that I reduced the amount I was taking each time to 400 mg.
If you can only imagine what I was beginning to do to my body. I was starting to get dry mouth and stomach aches as result of having so much Ibuprofen in me. On top of that I was feeling like a terrible mother because I knew Grey was also receiving a lot of Ibuprofen from my breast milk. I was torn on what to do because I couldn't pick him up and rock him back to sleep or calm him if I wasn't being helped in someway with my pain. I knew though that somehow I had to find a way to stop taking the ibuprofen.

Luckily there is a Professional Botanicals Supplement called "Total Pain Support" that had the same results in helping with pain as Ibuprofen with out all the bad side effects that come along with Ibuprofen. I switched to taking "Total Pain Support" and was amazed at how well it actually worked. I would recommend this to anyone. If you are interested in learning more (click here) about it or purchasing (click here) it for yourself, check it out on their website (click here).

*Professional Botanicals is owned by the same owners of Veo Natural/Veo Clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment