Monday, May 12, 2014

Keep Truckin' Along

It is the end the first week of my 90 day challenge and let me tell you it has been a challenge. I started off right. I went to the Veo Clinic and received my evaluation on Monday then began the program on Tuesday. Tuesday was easy. I was dedicated and had my goal in mind. I stuck to the program flawlessly. Then Wednesday hit. This was mine and my husband’s anniversary, our friends birthday dinner, and it was picture day for my seven month old. Needless to say, I was busy. I did it but I wasn’t happy about it. I was cranky! The first few days I must say I found out that husband really loves me. He put up with one moody wife. But after 4 days or so I was on top and was finally starting to not only felt like myself again but actually better than before.
My biggest challenge is now finding food to eat! I got myself in a rut with my meal time. Chicken, cottage cheese, Vibe, Pearl, and salad were all my diet really consisted of. My biggest tip for success right now is to plan some exciting meals and don’t get in this rut. Kelsie and I got the families together one night for dinner and had squash with tomato sauce and turkey burgers without the buns one night for dinner. Random combo but so good! I have been referring to Kelsie and her Pintrest posts lately for ideas. She is a wiz at finding easy and yummy recipes.
My exercise has been anything but conventional, but I say if it gets you moving it works. I have been moving furniture and boxes and packing my daughter up and down two flights of stairs at my in law’s all day long. And honestly, I really feel it has paid off. We also take the occasional walk with the stroller in our new neighborhood.
Below are my result s so far and I will include a few family friendly work outs and meals
Workouts:
Take a Walk! It is something that sounds super simple but so many people over look the opportunity to work out that is right outside their front door. My daughter loves being outside and observing everyone and everything. Have older little ones? Try turning it into a scavenger hunt or an eye spy game. Your kids will be begging to go for walks in no time.
Take a hike. With infants or small toddlers this is an excellent work out. My husband and I take turns strapping our daughter to our back or front. This really gives you a great workout with some extra weight and makes you more aware of your posture and helps to correct it. This is something I really needed after having my daughter.
Just play! You would be surprised how much of a workout it is just chasing your kids around in a game of tag or rolling around with them on the ground is. We use play time as a way to wear our little one out for bed or nap time but usually by the end I’m the one needing the nap!
Meals:
My biggest advice is keep it simple. Take something you know your kids already love and make it healthy. We love spaghetti in our home so I make sliced squash with a homemade marinara that tastes like you are eating pasta but is ten times easier. We also have turned sandwiches into fun colorful lettuce wraps as well as made various forms of veggie fries. We use green beans, sweet potatoes… really anything you can make crunchy and yummy in the oven (No deep fryer!)




No comments:

Post a Comment